7220 Series: Up to 1 kW, DC to 1 MHz, Single-Phase
Audio-bandwidth linear power amplifiers for EMC testing
- Field-selectable controlled-voltage or controlled-current operation
- Can be switched between rail supply modes and voltages to optimize for various load impedances
- Protection circuits guard against over/under voltage, over current, over temperature, and circulating ground currents
- DC blocking, DC Servo and user-variable current limit functions (7228 model only)
Key Performance Capabilities:
- Up to 1000 watts RMS power output
- Small signal response up to 1 MHz
- Up to 16A at 13.5 VDC
- Can be used to create series or parallel systems for up to 3 times the voltage or 4 times the current output
AE Techron's 7220-Series amplifiers, when used with a signal generator such as the AE Techron 3110, can simultaneously produce both the DC voltage needed to drive the DUT and the high-frequency (AC ripple) conducted interference waveform required in cranking tests found in Standards like FMC1278, (CI210, CI230, CI250, CI260). They can also be used to perform surge and dropout tests found in many automotive Standards, like GMW3172-07, ISO 7637-2, and SAE J1113/2.
When used with AE Techron's T-Series coupling transformers (T1000, T2000 and T3700), 7220-Series amplifiers are ideal for use in the low-voltage conducted or radiated immunity tests needed for Aviation industry Standards like DO 160 (Section 18 and 19), MIL STD 461/462 (CS101 and RS101), Airbus and Boeing audio bandwidth electrical and magnetic tests.
The 7220-Series amps are a perfect choice to drive small to medium Helmholtz coils and radiators like those specified in FMC1278 (RI140, RI150).
|Switch between rail supply mode and voltages to optimize for various load impedances||Requires opening of case||Requires opening of case||Back-panel or remote switch|
|Change from controlled-voltage to controlled-current operation||Requires opening of case||Requires opening of case||Back-panel or remote switch|
|Parallel operation||Optional||Optional||Back-panel or remote switch|
|Series operation||Optional||Optional||Back-panel or remote switch|
|Ground-lift / circulating current protection||External resistor/fuse||External resistor/fuse||Resettable protection circuit|
|DC Block enable/disable||N/A||N/A||Back-panel or remote switch|
|User-variable current limit||N/A||N/A||Back-panel or remote switch|
|DC Servo enable/disable||N/A||N/A||Back-panel or remote switch|
You might also be interested in:
Want to discuss a product or application?
Your local AE Techron Representative can help find the right system for your needs.
We're the audio-bandwidth experts.