- Product Summary
- EMC Testing
- MRI/Gradient Amplifiers
- Relay Testing
- General Purpose
- Legacy Products
7224RLY POWER AMPLIFIER
Up to 52Apk current source, ideal for protection relay production testing and commissioning.
The 7224RLYwas created to meet the demanding requirements of the power utility industry. Capable of outputting a 40 mSec pulse with up to 52 amperes peak current, the 7224RLY is powerful enough to put protection relays, fuses and other critical components through a full range of tests. The low noise floor, low distortion and minimal phase error of the 7224RLY make it the ideal amplifier for power grid modeling.
- High compliance voltage allows the 7224RLY to drive electromechanical relays directly.
- Maintains phase accuracy for any load from a dead short to 2 ohms.
- Front panel indicators for rapid assessment of amplifier status.
- Designed to survive input overloads, continuous operation under demanding conditions and improper output conditions – including improper loads.
- Shipped ready to operate from single-phase, 120VAC (±10%) 60 Hz, 20A service. 220/240VAC, 50/60Hz, 10A model available on request.
- Installs in just 2U of a standard 19-inch rack; or stands alone for bench-top operation.
- Backed with AE Techron’s application engineering, service facilities, complete technical information and a 1-year warranty.
- FREQUENCY DATA
- PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
|1.0 ohms||5 minute||60 Hz Sine||28A rms / 40A peak|
|20 second||60 Hz Sine||30A rms / 43A peak|
|0.2 second||60 Hz Sine||33A rms / 47A peak|
Display, Control, Status, I/O
LED Displays Indicate: Run, Ready, Standby, Stop, Fault, Over Temp, Over Voltage, Overload
Soft Touch Switches for: Run, Stop, Reset
Gain Control, when enabled: Voltage gain adjustable from 20 to 0
Power Connection: 25 Amp IEC (with retention latch)
Signal Output: +/Common/Sampled Common
Signal Input: User Selectable BNC or Barrier Strip, Balanced
Current Monitor: +/- 1V / 6A +/- 1%
Input Signal Monitor: +/- 1V . 2V +/- 1%
Reporting: System Fault, Over Temp, Over Voltage, Over Load
Control: Force to Standby, Reset after a fault
Chassis: The amplifier is designed for stand-alone or rack-mounted operation. The chassis is black aluminum with a powder-coat finish. The unit occupies two EIA 19-inch-wide units.
Weight: 41 lbs (18.6 kg), Shipping Weight: 51 lbs (23.2 kg)
AC Power: Single phase, 120VAC, 60 Hz, 20 Amp Service; 220-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 10 Amp model available
Cooling: Forced air cooling from front to back through removable filters
Dimensions: 19 in. x 22.75 in. x 3.5 in. (48.3 cm x 57.8 cm x 8.9 cm)