- Product Summary
- EMC Testing
- MRI/Gradient Amplifiers
- Relay Testing
- General Purpose
- Legacy Products
7796RLY POWER AMPLIFIER
Up to 200Apk current source, ideal for protection relay production testing and commissioning.
The 7796RLYwas created to meet the demanding requirements of the power utility industry. Capable of outputtingup to 200 amperes peak current, the 7796RLY is powerful enough to put protection relays, fuses and other critical components through a full range of tests. It is capable of a controlled-voltage bandwidth of DC - 100 kHz and a controlled-current bandwidth of DC - 10 kHz. The low noise floor, low distortion and minimal phase error of the 7796RLY make it the ideal amplifier for power grid modeling.
- High compliance voltage allows the 7796RLY to drive electromechanical relays directly.
- Maintains phase accuracy for any load from a dead short to 0.25 ohms.
- Capable of a controlled-voltage bandwidth of DC – 100 kHz, and a controlled-current bandwidth of DC – 10 kHz.
- Front panel indicators for rapid assessment of amplifier status.
- Designed to survive input overloads, continuous operation under demanding conditions and improper output conditions – including improper loads.
- Shipped ready to operate from three-phase, 208 VAC (±10%) 47-60 Hz, 30A service. 400 VAC (±5%), 15A model available on request.
- Installs in a standard 19-inch rack; or stands alone for bench-top operation.
- Backed with AE Techron’s application engineering, service facilities, complete technical information and a 1-year warranty.
- FREQUENCY DATA
- PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
|0.19 ohms||1 minute||60 Hz Sine||125A rms / 176A peak|
|0.5 second||60 Hz Sine||141A rms / 200A peak|
|0.2 second||60 Hz Sine||141A rms / 200A peak|
|0.53 ohms||1 minute||60 Hz Sine||91A rms / 128A peak|
|0.5 second||60 Hz Sine||137A rms / 193A peak|
|0.2 second||60 Hz Sine||139A rms / 196A peak|
|1.07 ohms||1 minute||60 Hz Sine||75A rms / 107A peak|
|0.5 second||60 Hz Sine||83A rms / 118A peak|
|0.2 second||60 Hz Sine||85A rms / 120A peak|
AMPLITUDE VS. FREQUENCY
At 1V input, 20A output, amplifier transconductance set to 20.
|Short (unimpeded wire)||Sine||20||20|
Indicators and Controls
LED Displays Indicate: Ready, Standby, and Fault Conditions in the output stage
LCD Display: Lists type of Fault Condition and gives suggested corrective action; User-configurable for up to four simultaneous displays reporting, one, two or all four of the following: Voltage Peak, Voltage RMS, Current Peak, and Current RMS
Soft Touch Switch: Places amplifier in Run or Standby mode
Signal Output: +/Common/Sampled Common
Signal Input: User Selectable BNC or Barrier Strip, Balanced
Current Monitor: +/- 1V / 20A +/- 1%
Input Signal Monitor: +/- 1V / 2V +/- 1%
Reporting: System Fault, Over Temp, Over Voltage, Over Load
Control: Force to Standby, Reset after a Fault
Chassis: Black, all-aluminum chassis is designed for stand-alone or rack-mounted operation. The unit occupies five EIA 19-inch-wide units.
Weight: 160 lbs (72.5 kg)
AC Power: Three phase, 208 VAC (±10%), 47-60 Hz, 30A AC Service (400 VAC (±10%), 15A version available)
Cooling: Internal forced-air fans, 250 cfm.
Dimensions: 19 in. x 22.8 in. x 12.25 in. (48.3 cm x 57.8 cm x 31.1cm)