Field Service and Troubleshooting
Remove and Replace the Amplifier Top Cover
Uninsulated terminals with AC mains potential are exposed when the top cover is removed. Do not proceed until AC Mains has been disconnected.
Do not attempt to remove the top cover while the amplifier is running. Turn the amplifier off and disconnect the AC Mains before removing the amplifier's top cover.
After turning the amplifier off, let the unit sit for 3-5 minutes before removing the top cover. This will allow the electrical charge in the power supply capacitors to discharge.
This document assumes competence on the part of the reader in terms of amplifier systems, electronic components, and good electronic safety and working practices.
Throughout this document, special emphasis is placed on good safety practices. The safety graphics provided here are used to highlight certain topics which require extra precaution.
These instructions describe the process for removing and replacing the top cover of a 7224, 7226 or 2105 amplifier.
#2 Phillips screwdriver
T-15 Torx wrench
- Remove power from the amplifier and disconnect any load from the amplifier outputs. Wait a minimum of three minutes to allow the amplifier's capacitors to discharge.
- Use the #2 Phillips screwdriver to remove the three (3) screws, as shown.
- Use the T-15 Torx wrench to remove the five (5) Torx screws, as shown.
- Lift the cover straight up to remove and set aside.
- To replace the top cover, slide the cover in to place on the amplifier and replace the eight screws.