Field Service and Troubleshooting
Remove and Replace the Amplifier Top Cover
Uninsulated terminals with AC mains potential are exposed when the top cover is removed. Do not proceed until AC Mains has been disconnected.
Do not attempt to remove the top cover while the amplifier is running. Turn the amplifier off and disconnect the AC Mains before removing the amplifier's top cover.
After turning the amplifier off, let the unit sit for 3-5 minutes before removing the top cover. This will allow the electrical charge in the power supply capacitors to discharge.
This document assumes competence on the part of the reader in terms of amplifier systems, electronic components, and good electronic safety and working practices.
Throughout this document, special emphasis is placed on good safety practices. The safety graphics provided here are used to highlight certain topics which require extra precaution.
These instructions describe the process for removing and replacing the top cover of a 7548 or 2110 amplifier.
T-15 Torx driver
1/8-inch Hex Key driver
5/32-inch Hex Key driver
- Remove power from the amplifier and disconnect any load from the amplifier outputs. Wait a minimum of three minutes to allow the amplifier's capacitors to discharge.
- Remove front panel:
- Use the 1/8-inch hex key driver to remove the four (4) button head hex screws from the front panel, as shown in Figure 1.
- Pull the panel towards you to remove.
- Remove top cover:
- Use the 5/32-inch hex key driver to remove two (2) button-head screws from each side of the unit.
- Use the T-15 Torx driver to remove four (4) Torx screws from each side of the unit.
- Use the T-15 Torx driver to remove eight (8) Torx screws from the back of the unit.
- Use the 5/32-inch hex key driver to remove four (4) hex key screws from the front of the unit.
- Pull the cover straight up to remove.
- To replace top cover:
- Replace cover onto amplifier.
- Insert and tighten the four (4) 5/32-inch key screws on the amplifier front (next to handles).
- Insert and tighten the two (2) 5/32-inch button-head screws on each side the the unit.
- Insert and tighten the four (4) T-15 Torx screws on each side of the amplifier.
- Insert and tighten the eight (8) T-15 Torx screws on the back of the amplifier.
- Replace the front panel on the front of the amplifier.
- Insert and tighted the four (4) 1/8-inch button head hex screws.