3110 Standards Waveform Generator: 1000+ Automotive & Industry Standards' Tests Included
Audio-Bandwidth Standards Waveform Generator
- Includes a large library of Automotive and Industry Standards' test routines
- Intuitive drag and drop interface makes it easy to update existing standards or create tests for new standards
- Easy import from csv file; automatically create tests with non-linear or equation-driven frequency/voltage/duration increments
- Fast, per-step calibration
- Instantly halts testing if an amplifier fault occurs, saving time and preventing potential equipment damage*
- Can be used as a free-standing test system or connected to an Ethernet network and controlled remotely
*When used with AE Techron 7220- and 7700-series amplifiers, excluding 7228 model.
Key Performance Capabilities:
- Frequency range: DC to 300 kHz
- Minimum waveform duration: 50 µs
- Maximum waveform duration: 1193 hours
- Waveforms supported: sine, ripple, DC, triangle, square, sawtooth
- Waveform modifiers: amplitude, frequency and DC offset (fixed or linear, logarithmic** or exponential sweep); phase angle; duration
- Waveform controls: trigger, fixed loop, variable loop, template playback, GIPO output, LAN output
**Logarithmic sweep available for sine, ripple and DC offset waveforms only.
The 3110 is a simple-to-use yet powerful standards waveform generator. It can be combined with other AE Techron products to quickly create a wide range of powerful and intelligent EMC test solutions.
The 3110 comes with an extensive library of tests for many automotive and industry Standards. Tests can be modified and saved for future use in the 3110’s library, which has the space to store more than 300,000 tests total.
The 3110 produces standard signals and waveforms with or without a DC offset. Frequency, amplitude and DC offset can be fixed or swept, and sweeps can be linear, logarithmic or exponential.* It can create dropouts and surges with rise and fall times under 1 µs. Individual signal duration can be as short as 50 µs or as long as 49 days. It can also produce ripple waveforms of up to 300 kHz.
The 3110 offers unique and powerful controls that make it easy to build complex tests containing repeating waveforms with up to four variables concurrently changing. Tests with non-linear or equation-driven frequency/ voltage/duration increments also can be created automatically using the csv import function. In addition, tests can be imported from the 3110 library and linked to form multi-test programs that can also be set to repeat, loop or wait for a trigger.
Standards Included in the 3110 Library
ANSI ASAE EP455
Audi I EE-32 (2006-06)
BMW GS 95003-2 (2010-01)
BMW GS 95024-2-1 (2010-01)
BMW GS 95024-2-2 (2011-01)
Case New Holland ENS0310 (12-2-2010)
Chrysler CS-11809 (2009-05-29)
Chrysler CS-11979 (2010-04-13)
Claas CN 05 0215 (2004-12)
Cummins 14269 (06201-028)
Cummins 14387 (102020-119)
DAF BSL-003 (1998-12)
DAF BSL-006 (2009-04)
Daimler Chrysler DC-10842 (2003-12)
Daimler Chrysler PF-9326 Change D
Fiat 9-90110 Issue 13 (2007-03)
Ford CS-2009.1 (2-11-2010)
Ford FMC1278 (10-7-2016)
General Motors GMW3172_H (July 2010)
Honda 7794Z-SAAA-000 (28.12.2004)
Hyundai ES 39110-00 (2012-05-08)
Hyundai ES 95400-10 (2007-11-14)
Hyundai ES 96100-02 (2006-11-16)
IEC 6100-4-16 (2015)
ISO 7637-2:2004 (E)
ISO 7637-2:2011 (E)
ISO 16750-2:2012 (E)
JASO D 001-94 (1994-03-31)
Mazda MES PW67600 (1995-07)
Mitsubishi ES-X892010 Rev Q (2007-01)
Mitsubishi ES-X82115 Rev C (2009-03)
Nissan 28400NDS02 Rev.3 (1999-07)
Nissan 28400NDS03 Rev.3 (2005-08)
Nissan 28401NDS02 Rev.4 (2008-08)
SAE J2628 JUL2007
SAE J1113-11 JUN2007
SAE J2139 SEP2005
SAE J1113-2 JUL2004
Toyota TSC7021G (2007-06)
Volkswagen VW 80000 (2009-10)
Volkswagen VW 80101 (2009-03)
Build a System
Together, the 3110 and 7220- and 7700-series amplifiers create an intelligent, engineered, modular test system. Continuous DC power ratings from 15A to 240A DC are possible with various combinations of the 3110 and off-the-shelf AE Techron audio-bandwidth amplifiers. For aviation testing, systems can be created for 115 VAC/230 VAC with surge voltages up to 380 VAC.
Key System Features
- The 3110 monitors AE Techron 7220- and 7700-series amplifier status and will automatically abort a test if a fault condition occurs.
- Output voltages are entered into the 3110 which automatically scales its output to achieve the requested voltage at the output of the amplifier.
- The 3110 has provisions for system (3110 + amplifier) DC offset and gain correction.
- Modular construction allows you to create a system with the voltage and current needed. If, at some point in the future, test requirements change, you are able to add to or change the system as needed.
DC System Example:
3110 + 7224
- 13.5 / 14 / 18 VDC
- 15A continuous
- 30A surge
- ±80 VDC voltage potential
DC System Example:
3110 + 2 x 7796
- 13.5 / 14 / 18 VDC
- 120A continuous
- 400A surge
- ±100 VDC voltage potential
AC System Example:
3110 + 3 x 7548
- 115 / 230 VRMS
- 16A continuous (at 115V or above)
- 50 ARMS surge
- 0 - 380 VRMS voltage potential
Front & Back
Technical Details - Hardware
Output Channels: 1
Output Voltage: 10 Vpk
DAC: 18 bit, DC - 20 kHz (any wave form), 3µs full scale (includes settling time)
Sine: 14 bit, DC - 300 kHz,, 400 Msps, 0,01 Hz frequency resolution or better, 0.002 degree phase granularity
Amplitude: 76 µV resolution
Stability: ±50 ppm
Control, Status, I/O
Signal Output: BNC (analog - 10 Vp)
LED Displays: Power, System Fault, Signal-In Enabled
120 VAC: IEC cable with NEMA 5-15
230 VAC: IEC cable with CEE 7/7
Fuse: 2A, 250V slow blow (5 mm)
Technical Highlights - Software
Sine, Ripple, DC, Triangle, Square, Sawtooth
Amplitude, frequency and DC offset (fixed or linear, logarithmic* or exponential sweep); phase angle; duration
Trigger, Fixed Loop, Variable Loop, Template Playback, GPIO Output, LAN Output
Maximum Waveform Duration: 1193 hours
Minimum Waveform Duration: 50 µs
Maximum Number of Loop Repeats: >1 million
Storage Capabilities, Number of Tests: 300,000 (expandable to 1 million)
*Logarithmic sweep available for sine, ripple and DC offset waveforms only.
The 3110 is designed for table-top or rack-mounted operation. The chassis is aluminum with a black powder-coat finish. The unit occupies two EIA 19-inch-wide units.
Weight: 9.5 lbs (4.31 kg)
Shipping Weight: 19.5 lbs (8.85 kg)
Single-phase, 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1.0 VA service; 230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 0.5 VA model available
Dimensions: 19 in. x 11.75 in. x 3.5 in. (48.3 cm x 29.8 cm x 8.9 cm)
Complete technical specifications
Printable pdf version
Printable pdf version
For Calibration of individual 3110 units
For EU countries
Want to discuss a product or application?
Your local AE Techron Representative can help find the right system for your needs.
We're the audio-bandwidth experts.